Memories of Connor's Adventures

Orlando the Adventurer pulled a Scimitar from beneath his Robes and smiled...

Saturday 21 August 2021

Linguistic Archaeology: Early Mongol Tribes

 Tribe names

1. Adargin
2. Alchi-tatar
3. Aluqi-tatar
4. Arulat
5. Ba’arit
6. Barulas
7. Baya’ut
8. Bayit
9. Belgunut
10. Besut
11. Borjigin
12. Buda’at
13. Changshi’ut
14. Chaqan-tatar
15. Chinos
16. Daritai-otchigin
17. Dataut-tatar
18. Dorben
19. Geniges
20. Guchugur
21. Ikres
22. Jalayir
23. Jarchi’ut
24. Jirgin
25. Jurkin
26. Kereyit
27. Mangqut
28. Menen-Ba’arin
29. Merkit
30. Mongol
31. Naiman
32. Noyakin
33. Olon-dongqayit
34. Olqunu’ud
35. Onggirat
36. Oyirat
37. Qabturqas
38. Qadagin
39. Qatagin
40. Qo’as
41. Qongqotan
42. Qorolas
43. Salji’ut
44. Sarta’ul
45. Sonit
46. Sukeken
47. Tarqut
48. Tayyichi’ut
49. To’olos
50. Tubegen
51. Tumen-tubegen
52. Uiqut
53. Uriangqad
54. Uru’ut



Popularity of Use
A       %      E      %       I       %      O       %        U         %
33  61%     11  20%    30  55%   14  25%       25   46%

B       %      C      %       D       %      F       %        G         %
13  24%     8  14%       9  16%       0     0%       18    33%

H       %      J      %       K       %      L       %        M         %
8   14%      6  11%       6  11%       12  22%      6     11%

N       %      P      %       Q       %      R       %        S         %
27  50%     0     0%      14  25%     28  51%      14  25%

T       %      V      %       W       %      X       %        Y      %
33  61%     0    0%      0       0%      0     0%       8      14%

Z       %
0     0%


Popularity of use
61% A, T:
55% I, A, T:
51% R, I, A, T:
50% N, R, I, A, T:
46% U, N, R, I, A, T: Uru’ut,
33% G, U, N, R, I, A, T:
25% S, Q, O, G, U, N, R, I, A, T: Qo’as, Sonit, Onggirat, Qatagin, Qongqotan, Tarqut, Uiqut,
24% B, S, Q, O, G, U, N, R, I, A, T: Qabturqas, Ba’arit,
22% L, B, S, Q, O, G, U, N, R, I, A, T: Qorolas, Sarta’ul, To’olos, Aluqi-tatar, Arulat, Barulas,
20% E, L, B, S, Q, O, G, U, N, R, I, A, T: Belgunut, Besut, Geniges, Tubegen,
16% D, E, L, B, S, Q, O, G, U, N, R, I, A, T: Qadagin, Uriangqad, Buda’at, Dataut-tatar, Olqunu’ud, Dorben, Adargin,
14% Y, H, C, D, E, L, B, S, Q, O, G, U, N, R, I, A, T: Oyirat, Tayyichi’ut, Olon-dongqayit, Baya’ut, Bayit, Changshi’ut, Chaqan-tatar, Chinos, Daritai-otchigin, Guchugur, Alchi-tatar,
11% M, K, J, Y, H, C, D, E, L, B, S, Q, O, G, U, N, R, I, A, T: Mangqut, Menen-Ba’arin, Merkit, Mongol, Naiman, Tumen-tubegen, Noyakin, Sukeken, Jurkin, Kereyit, Ikres, Jalayir, Jarchi’ut, Jirgin, Salji’ut, Borjigin,
0% F, P, V, W, X, Z


Conclusion: As a merger of both its difficult to discern whether this is a T linguistic group or A-T linguistic group with missing tribes that would put the A linguistic group ahead of T.
At 46% we have the Uru'ut tribe followed by a cultural band gap at 33%. From 25% on there is a short surge and a drop back before the tribes begin to grow in number until the cultural peak at 11% where the mongol tribe appears- and will soon become the dominant tribe from which a people take their name.
The prospect of this group being descended from the T linguistic group might link the pre-Toltec/Aztec/Tswana to the bronze age Sanxingdui culture. The almost Alien sharp brow masks posess an almost Aztec-Easter Island feel. Perhaps if we find writing for that culture their origins can be discerned.

If they are of A-T descent they belong somewhere in these two subgroups:

A-T subgroup  Sex       %                    Dev. Chain                     band gap
Hold Portal                  93%                (A; T; R; P; O, L)
Tahitian            F          85%               (A; T; E; I; R)
Tongan             M         85%                (A; T; L; E; U, I)
Plateau                         80%                 (A; T; L; I, P)
Taboo                           79%                 (A; T; U; B; I; M; O)
Efe                     F         76%                (A; T; E; I, O)
Mountain                    61%               (A; T, N; M; U)

A-T-I subgroup  Sex       %                    Dev. Chain                     band gap
Berber                  F           83%           (A; T; I; E; N; M; U; R)              ●
Tahitian              M          80%           (A; T; I; U; E)
To Fight                             76%           (A; T; I; E; N, L; U; R)
Star                                    62%           (A; T; I; R; E; N; S)


No comments:

Post a Comment