Memories of Connor's Adventures

Orlando the Adventurer pulled a Scimitar from beneath his Robes and smiled...

Monday 24 August 2015

Spotlight: Art Equals Fun?

I will admit that drawing my own art, as shity as it might be, really gave me something to hold onto beyond the lifetime of filling hard drives and notebooks with text or 'maps'. It has become enjoyable and enriching (psychologically...I dont get paid to draw like better artists). I mean...look at that guy. Granted he was meant to be a drawing of Christopher Lee's Dracula, but he is unique. Now I have a portrait of that random NPC with a worried look on his face. You know he's seen some distressing shit and needs a band of murderhobos to deal with it.

You sit there thinking 'I cant draw...' but you can. Its about owning your work: The crap and the Gold. So go pick up a bunch of pens (yes...I said pens...nice fine point ink ones) and a ream of printer paper and go to town on that thing. Doodles, sketches, scrawls. It doesnt matter. It gets better. I photographed this guy straight off the paper and adjusted the image in photo. Contrast and brightness killed the 'looks like a photo of a drawing' version and made it stand out.

Maybe i'll stat him and put him on a card.

Thanks to monsters and manuals for the adopt a blog title suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment