Memories of Connor's Adventures

Orlando the Adventurer pulled a Scimitar from beneath his Robes and smiled...

Wednesday 30 September 2020

Linguistic Archaeology: I fed the phaistos disk to an AI

I fed the phaistos disk pictograms to an online AI that continues writing the shortfiction... and got new pictograms: 


𐇻𐇦𐇠𐇡𐇪𐇽 𐇪𐇲𐇨𐇧𐇩 𐇬𐇗𐇜 𐇓𐇓𐇞𐇰 𐇨𐇪𐇨𐇧𐇰𐇡𐇬𐇚. 

It then jumped to text and described a man high above a city looking on as gathered women sat bent over working in a workshop. 

Yes I know cutting and pasting the english text of the new fiction would have been awesome... but I didnt. 

Anyway the described scene was accurate for the period and the location. 

 AI seems like it will one day translate the untranslatable, but I still have doubts about its capacity to adhere to the specific existing dataset.

No comments:

Post a Comment