Memories of Connor's Adventures

Orlando the Adventurer pulled a Scimitar from beneath his Robes and smiled...

Saturday 16 June 2018

Dark Skies: The Stars have gone out

For those of you in the world where it is daylight, I should like to inform you that on the other side of the world where it is Dark, the stars have gone out. The sky is pitch black. That lone light is a streetlight up a ways. It should take another twelve hours for this reality to reach the rest of you unless the Sun went dark as well in which case crops will whither and die in days.

Update (21 june 2018): still no visible stars from Darwin. Atmospheric pollution is at record levels across Asia to the north, so I must assume it now affects visibility of stars as far south as Darwin, Australia. Volcanic eruptions seem to contribute a lot to this. The Polution Age is apon us.

I guess I am packing my Telescope away for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment